• August 13- first day of school

Filed under School News

Conspiracy Theory Club Takes Off, or Did It?

Seniors+Anna+Clair+Day+and+Peyton+Perry+hold+up+a+textbook+to+conserve+gravity+at+a+meeting+of+Central%E2%80%99s+Conspiracy+Theory+Society.+
Seniors Anna Clair Day and Peyton Perry hold up a textbook to conserve gravity at a meeting of Central’s Conspiracy Theory Society.

Did America really land on the moon? Who is really behind John F. Kennedy’s assassination? What is our government hiding from us? These questions are being asked by one of the newest clubs on campus, the Conspiracy Theory Society (CTS).

“We are not only focused on creating conspiracy theories, but also analysis and education about conspiracy theories,” President Anna Claire Day said.

This new club is here to educate students about conspiracy theories. Some of the popular theories within the club include the ideas about two shooters in the JFK assassination, the attacks on the Twin Towers  being an inside job, and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) withholding the cure for cancer.

Though they discuss some popular conspiracy theories, club members have also created their own. Junior Jonah Houston theorised that the human race is misreading gravity as a resource, and that one day we are going to run out.

“I think that gravity is a non-renewable resource that we have been abusing for thousands of years, and one day we are going to run out of it,” Jonah said.

Houston believes that the nickel and iron will form a new compound if over used and earth will no longer have a gravitational pull.

Though some members of this club are just part of the CTS for fun, some members are working to uphold their family’s history of believing in certain conspiracy theories. One member even has a relative who was a leader in one society that has evidence that the Earth is flat and documents to prove it.

While some of the theories discussed in the CTS may seem outrageous, other theories seem very believable. Whether you’re an avid conspiracy theorist or just an open-minded person, the CTS may be the club for you.

3 Comments

3 Responses to “Conspiracy Theory Club Takes Off, or Did It?”

1. Annie Fortune on December 14th, 2017 9:41 am

This club sounds really awesome! I think that it’s really cool that we have so many clubs to choose from. I have told some of my friends that live in other places about this and they are considering making their own club mirroring this one!

2. skylar blount on January 18th, 2018 3:39 pm

I personally think this club sounds like it could be interesting. Learning about old and new conspiracy theories sounds like also a way to learn about different events in history. Coming up with new ones tho , that would be tricky for me. Its very good tho how central has such a wide variety or clubs to join.

3. Shakira Childers on January 19th, 2018 10:15 am

This is a good way to speak your mind on how you truly feel about things is to go and start a club of some sort. The group memebers are very well educated ands seems to know how to back up there evidence very well. You’ll seem good at debating if I may add so try and see what help you could bring to the debate team. Other than that it seems like a real good club not anything that I’m interested in personally but good club overall and good story

• Conspiracy Theory Club Takes Off, or Did It?

School News

Central Musical Takes on New Genre, Season

School News

Victory Walk Unifies Community

Photography

Mayoral Candidates Promote Platform to NAACP

School News

Victory Walk Promotes Non-Violence, Positivity

School News

Zoona Art Competition Coming Saturday

School News

Ethics Bowl Team Competes in North Carolina

School News

‘Labyrinth’ Shines Light on Student Creative Writing

School News

GT Seminar Club Visits Unique Places Across Arkansas

School News

Destination Imagination Teams Moving on to Global Competition

Photography

National Walkout a Success at Central