• December 14-19- Semester Exams

• December 14-15- All-Region Jazz Clinic

• December 8- ACT

• December 5- Senior Panoramic

Filed under Lifestyle

Little Rock Hosts Halloween Festivities

Back to Article
Back to Article

Little Rock Hosts Halloween Festivities

The Little Rock Zoo’s Boo at the Zoo Halloween festival offers carnival rides, haunted houses, and hayrides for all ages. (Photo courtesy of Shelby Pederson)

With autumn steadily arriving, it’s time to give consideration to the spookiest holiday of them all: Halloween. A holiday that truly has a place for everyone, Halloween festivities include the freight extremists who look forward to partaking in a horrifying haunted house, and also the faint-hearted that just want to relax and enjoy the weather at a pumpkin patch. Here are some of the top Halloween attractions in Little Rock!

Boo at the Zoo!

The Little Rock Zoo is hosting the annual Boo at the Zoo special event starting Oct. 24 from 6-9 p.m. As Arkansas’s largest Halloween festival, this event will be fun-filled with carnival rides, live music, a costume contest, a haunted house, and a hay maze. Admission is $20 for non-members and additional tickets upon arrival can be purchased for .50 cents each.

Magic Screams

Magic Springs is hosting its annual “Magic Screams” Halloween festival starting Oct. 6 and continuing through Oct. 28. During the festival, almost all of the park’s rides will be open to visitors and some rides, such as “The Last Ride,” have been transformed into a thrilling Halloween-themed adventure ride. The park additionally has a wide number of haunted houses, all with varying fear factor levels to satisfy all ages. Tickets are $29.99 at the gate.

Ballet Arkansas Presents Dracula

From Oct. 19 through Oct. 21, Ballet Arkansas is putting on Dracula. A full-length story ballet based on Bram Stoker’s telling, Dracula is expected to be an enthralling and one-of-a-kind performance, with original choreography by Artistic Director Michael Fothergill. Tickets are now for sale, with prices ranging $15-35.

Halloween Hayrides

If you’re looking for a nice, scenic location to enjoy Halloween-spirited hayrides, Pinnacle Mountain State Park will be your best bet! On Oct. 27, experience a spooky hayride through the woods and then gather around a campfire to enjoy s’mores and swap scary stories. Tickets are $15 for adults and $8 for children, and early registration and payment is required.

Big Boo!-seum Bash

At the annual Boo!-seum bash, families are able to enjoy trick-or-treating at nine different downtown Little Rock locations including the Arkansas Arts Center, the Museum of Discovery, and the Historic Arkansas Museum. Trick-or-treaters experience a variety of culture and fun in moving from location to location. Event is free and takes place on Oct. 25th.

About the Writer
Shelby Pederson, Lifestyle Editor

Shelby Pederson has spent all of her 16 years here in Arkansas, but also has family out of the state. Coming from Horace Mann Middle School, Shelby is in her third year at Central. She is currently working at Purple Cow at the soda fountain making milkshakes. When she isn't working, she can be found dancing to alternative music or watching mystery series. When Shelby is at home, she helps care for her two dogs (Brownie and Suzy), and two cats (Toodie and Swagga). With her dad working as a journalist...