• November 3rd - Registration Deadline for December 3rd

• November 29th - Senior Panoramic

• November 20th-25th - Schools Closed, Thanksgiving Break

Golf Season Ends Without a Win, but Hope for Next Year

Senior Trey Berry practices his swing at home in preparation for the State Golf Tournament. (Photo by Henry Fendley)

Aidan Massanelli, Sports Editor

The golf team’s season wrapped up with the golf state championship. The qualifying and championship rounds were from September 27 through October 2 in Fayetteville. Central’s team didn’t qualify for the actual state championship, so their trip was cut short.

The Fayetteville boys took the tournament with an overall team score of 575. This golf season was successful as the team did well in many tournaments, but it was definitely upsetting that the team wasn’t able to qualify for state.

“It was disappointing that we didn’t make it but, we are going to take this as a learning experience and move on,” senior Trey Berry said.

Some of the team’s problems may be due to the weather that occurred during the qualifying rounds. It was a very windy day, and it was raining hard on golfers. It definitely affected their play.

“Almost everyone had their worst days of the season,” senior Connor Grant said.

Not qualifying for the state championship is definitely a disappointment, but the season was still very successful. With a lot of new members and with a new coach, next season is looking better.