• December 14-19- Semester Exams

• December 14-15- All-Region Jazz Clinic

• December 8- ACT

• December 5- Senior Panoramic

Filed under Community

Hydrate or Diedrate! Back to School Apps Keep Kids Healthy

Back to Article
Back to Article

Alarm Clock for Me allows users to pick their favorite songs as their alarm. Fade in and fade out features eliminate the feeling of being suddenly awoken. While snooze options can be set, there are also options to prevent users from sleeping too late. Features requiring users to shake the phone or solve a simple math problem keep oversleeping to a minimum. (photo by Mollygrace Harrell)

Technology has become an active part of education both inside and outside the classroom. Apps such as Quizlet and Kahoot are staples for high school students, but there are countless other free apps that can help school life as well.

iHomework 2 is an organization app that allows users to save assignments and organize them by day, week, course, or due date. For students who do not regularly write in or check their physical calendars, the app sends reminders before assignments are due, ensuring that nothing slips through the cracks.

Plant Nanny encourages users to take care of themselves by drinking sufficient amounts of water. This app calculates the amount of water a user needs daily, then creates a virtual plant that requires the same amount of water. As the user records water intake, the plant grows, and more plants can be planted.

Breathe 2 Relax uses simple diaphragmatic breathing, a series of breathing techniques, to calm the autonomic nervous system. In turn, this aids in reducing stress and managing anxiety and anger. The app is compatible with Apple Watch, which can measure heart rate during meditation, but it is not required.

Student athletes can use MyFitnessPal in order to keep track of food intake and calories. Users can log or scan barcodes of food items in order to save nutrition facts and count calories. Users can also count calories burned by choosing from pre-set workouts, logging cardio, or using the app to count steps.

1 Comment

One Response to “Hydrate or Diedrate! Back to School Apps Keep Kids Healthy”

1. Hailey Robbins on October 18th, 2018 8:56 am

I believe that though the apps will help, users might not always use it constantly on an everyday basis.

• Hydrate or Diedrate! Back to School Apps Keep Kids Healthy

Community

Lil Peep Album Brings Good Songs, Sad Feelings

Community

People Can Save the Environment

Community

College Deadlines, Important Dates Approach Quickly

Community

Hillcrest Celebrates Fall with Harvest Fest

Community

Great American Cleanup Improves Environment, Benefits Economy

Community

Fundraiser Fun: Tiger Foundation Honors Alumni, Donors

Community

Kavanaugh Confirmation Causes Protest; Senate Confirms Nominee 50-48

Community

Little Rock Education Association Marches in Support of Teacher Inclusion

Community

Central Students Represent Clubs in World Fest Competition

Community

Students Reflect on New Tablets