• April 26- Clash of the Tigers 2:45 pm (Quigley)

• April 24- Administrative Professional Appreciation Day

• April 22- Earth Day

• April 18- ACT Aspire (10th Grade)

• April 16- ACT Aspire (9th Grade)

• April 13- Prom 8pm (GSA)

• April 12- Dance Team Tryouts

• April 11- ACT Aspire (10th Grade)

• April 9- ACT Aspire (9th Grade)

• April 8-9- Dance Team Auditions

Filed under Voices

Mueller Releases Report, Sparks Controversy

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Mueller report has been a popular topic of discussion among both journalists and political cartoonists. (art courtesy of the Salt Lake Tribute)

Special Counsel Robert Mueller completed his report for the investigation on Russian involvement in American political affairs, namely interference in the 2016 presidential election.

Mueller was appointed to the investigation May 17, 2017 by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein. Mueller’s investigation soon began to encompass searching for obstruction of justice by President Donald Trump.

March 22, 2019 marked the end of the investigation when Attorney General Bill Barr received the report and issued a summary. In short, Barr decided Russia was not involved in swaying the election, and Trump is not at fault for obstruction of justice. It was also suggested that further indictments not be pursued.

“The investigation did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities,” Barr said in his summary of the Mueller report.

The full report, however, has not been released to the public. This has led to intense scrutiny over the authenticity of the report and summary. If the report is as thorough as it sounds, being an almost two year endeavor for Mueller, and completely honest, the full report should

reflect the statement released by Barr. He should have no problem releasing more evidence. Why avoid it if you have nothing to hide? Democrats ranging from professional politicians to left-leaning citizens are asking these questions, some more convinced than ever of Trump’s involvement with Russia and the election, and that Mueller and Barr are covering up a scandal.

About the Writer
Mollygrace Harrell, Staff Writer
Junior Mollygrace Harrell is serving her first year on the Tiger as a Staff Writer. Mollygrace joined staff because she likes to write, meet new people, and enjoys journalism as a hobby. Her favorite subject at school is English, and she is looking forward to AP Language and Composition, because it involves two things she really enjoys: rhetoric and analysis. Mollygrace moved to Little Rock from North Carolina after fourth grade, and has attended Roberts Elementary School, the Anthony School, and Central since her arrival. She enjoys helping others, as she is very active volunteering with her church and has joined a group called Fellowship Espanol, where she has received the opportunity to go to Guatemala for a month where she aided in disaster relief after a volcanic eruption and helped teach English to children. Her hobbies include reading, writing, and practicing yoga. Like one of Mollygrace's stories? Let her know! Email her at [email protected]