• April 26- Clash of the Tigers 2:45 pm (Quigley)

• April 24- Administrative Professional Appreciation Day

• April 22- Earth Day

• April 18- ACT Aspire (10th Grade)

• April 16- ACT Aspire (9th Grade)

• April 13- Prom 8pm (GSA)

• April 12- Dance Team Tryouts

• April 11- ACT Aspire (10th Grade)

• April 9- ACT Aspire (9th Grade)

• April 8-9- Dance Team Auditions

Filed under Features

Jung Kim Makes Return to Central

Back to Article
Back to Article

Jung Kim Makes Return to Central

IT specialist Jung Kim helps teacher’s technical struggles with Central chromebooks. (photo by Emily Caldwell)

IT specialist Jung Kim has made a return to the halls of Central after graduating with the class of 2018.

“ I came back for the work and the experience,” Kim said, “ It’s pretty cool to get experience that easy.”

Kim got most of his technical skills from volunteering his time here at Central with the IT crew. Working full time at the school comes with a lot more responsibility now. However, he does not plan to keep this as a permanent job. Kim plans to pursue a college education and perhaps graduate school after some time here.  

“I have to constantly work to make sure that teachers can get their work done on computers. The good thing is I work with other IT specialists that are great to go to if I need any advice or answers to questions,” Kim said.

Kim aims to stay at Central for a while, but he knows that the amount of time he spends here depends on his college plans.

“I plan to stay at Central through my second year of undergrad and then I plan to move somewhere else,” Kim said.

However, if he is able to achieve a promotion at Central, he says he will be compelled to overlook college.

“If there was an opening at Central for an actual IT specialist, I would take it, and I would stay here because it’s a bigger opportunity,” Kim said.

As an official member of the Central faculty, Kim has the power of a teacher. However, as a previous student, he has the friendships of current students, which makes him loved among all.   

About the Writers
Jakob Mueller, Staff Writer
Senior Jakob Mueller is a first year Staff Writer who describes himself as approachable, friendly, and indecisive. Jakob has been playing tennis for six years outside of school and has been on the tennis team since freshman year. Outside of school, he volunteers by assisting his coach in teaching younger kids tennis. Jakob wishes to continue playing throughout college but does not see tennis as a future career path. Jakob has considered reporting news as a career because he enjoys investigating events and information as well as history and politics. Jakob remembers dreams of his best friend and he being President and Vice President alongside each other. For the time being, Jakob spends his free time playing with his dog Jack, going out with friends, and watching television. Like one of Jakob's stories? Let him know! Email him at [email protected]
Salma Abdulrahman, Staff Writer
Senior Salma Abdulrahman, first year Tiger staffer, loves to write, take pictures, and hear other's opinions. Those were the sole three reasons she decided to join the newspaper staff. Salma has lived  all around the world and has been to almost every continent, excluding Antarctica and Australia. She moved to Central her sophomore year, after spending her freshman year in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. In her free time, Salma loves watching movies; her favorite genres are coming of age and horror films. She enjoys watching Arabic movies with her family because it improved her ability to talk in her mother language. Like one of Salma's stories? Let her know! Email her at [email protected]