• October 21st - All Region Choir Auditions

• October 23rd-31st - Red Ribbon Week

• October 27th - Fort Smith Southside @ LRCH

New Year New Team: Football Team Optimistic for Season

Central+football+players+run+drills+to+warm+up+for+their+game+against+North+Little+Rock+and+Quigly+stadium+on+September+22nd.+The+Tigers+would+go+on+to+play+a+good+game%2C+only+falling+by+11+points.+
Central football players run drills to warm up for their game against North Little Rock and Quigly stadium on September 22nd. The Tigers would go on to play a good game, only falling by 11 points.

Gage Maris, Assistant Sports Editor

The Central football has been practicing hard all summer and early in the school year to develop a better football program and have a successful season.

“This off-season we put in a lot of time working on the basics,” football Coach Scooter Register said.

This off-season the Central football team, both offense and defense, has been working hard to improve fundamentals like footwork and technique. This focus on “the basics” will pay off as the season goes on.

“We have really trained with our defense to try to improve our blocking and tackling, because if you can’t block and tackle you aren’t going to be successful,” Register said

This new focus on defense has led the Tigers to a successful beginning, holding Rogers Heritage to only 6 points in their season opener.

The team averages 44 tackles per-game and 8 sacks. They are doing very well and are very optimistic for the rest of the season.

This improvement over last year has helped the Tigers have a successful pre-season, and they are very optimistic for the upcoming season.