• October 21st - All Region Choir Auditions

• October 23rd-31st - Red Ribbon Week

• October 27th - Fort Smith Southside @ LRCH

Ultimate Frisbee Team ‘Disking’ For Good Season

Senior Mohamed Mumtaz has been playing ultimate for several years, and is looking forward to participating in tournaments this fall.

Gage Maris, staff writer

Ultimate Frisbee is a popular sport, so history teacher Rachel Rigsby and a few seniors came together to create an Ultimate Frisbee team to get more students involved in the game.

The club has since grown to almost 100 members. They get together and play about once a week. Senior Mohamed Mumtaz is the captain of the team. Mumtaz has been playing for a long time, and he really enjoys the sport.

“I have been playing since ninth grade and will be playing in a fall league along with playing for the schools team,” Mumtaz said.

The Ultimate Frisbee team plays many pickup games throughout the year, and participates in tournaments.

“We play every Friday night when there is not a home football game, and we will play in a fall tournament,” Mumtaz said.

They start play Friday October 7 at the Fellowship Bible Church in West Little Rock, where they will play against other teams in the area.

The Central ultimate Frisbee Club will start play soon. Mumtaz expects them to be very successful and have a very good year of play.